Do you want to fulfil your passion for changing the world with technology and data?
At Decision Inc, no two days are the same. You will be challenged and pushed whilst being nurtured and supported to become a master of your craft. You will participate in interesting internal and client projects. Propelling you to think outside the box and develop the technology, analytical and soft skills to be recognised as a top performer in your field.
We are client obsessed, and constantly challenging each other on ways to deliver better outcomes with data. We never lose sight of the bigger picture and have fun along the way.
If events like our BBQ challenge sound tasty to you, then Decision Inc. is the place for you!
Who are we?
Decision Inc is a management and technology consulting organisation with offices in South Africa, United Kingdom, and Australia. The company’s foundation is built on data and analytics, and we continue to grow by helping our clients identify and monetise their data and business assets.
We represent leading global technology brands and are experts in their implementation, support, and management. We marry this with strong industry expertise to ensure we are focused on realising client value.
Who are you?
Who you are and how you do things are as important to us as what you do. You are the sort of person that:
- People like to sit beside on long bus trips, and you really get the ‘two ears, one mouth’ saying
- Has lots of friends, but a set of really close confidantes that would go to war for you
- Is smart but just as importantly savvy, you can read rooms and sense things others don’t
- Super competitive but love to give the ‘assist’ recognition more than taking the glory
- Loves to learn, even when it gets hard with commitments and life getting in the way
- Organises catch-ups with friends’ and love the fact you have all remained connected
- Is searching for purpose and how you can explore making a difference
What Will You Bring?
You are an experienced Data Architect who is passionate about data, implementing technology solutions, and leading project teams to achieve business outcomes. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
What will you do?
- Engage with clients to conceptualize data solutions
- Modernize existing data environments
- Assist Practice Leads and Client Partners with Pre-Sales and POC’s
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to our junior and intermediate consultants
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft or other technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with clients internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our clients’ data systems.
- Identify, design, and implement clients internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Complete technical reviews for consultants
- Assist with necessary technical training for consultants and clients
- Provide input into consultant’s technical growth plan
- Drive technical blogs, forums and/or workshops
- Assist the Managed Services Team where applicable
- Balance team support responsibilities with billable work, depending on capacity and utilisation
Who do you need to be?
- Minimum 5 years working experience in data engineering
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data structures
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
A Masters degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Data & Analytics (Advantageous)
- SQL Server 2016 or later
- SQL Database Development
- SQL Database Administration
- SQL BI Development
- BI Reporting (PowerBI, QlikSense, Tableau)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Advantageous)
- Data Management & Analytics
Microsoft Azure Certifications (Advantageous)
- Azure Data Engineer
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure
- Data Factory
- Azure SQL
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Machine Learning
- Microsoft Power BI