Cloud Solutions Architect
Do you want to fulfil your passion for changing the world with technology and data?
At Decision Inc, no two days are the same. You will be challenged and pushed whilst being nurtured and supported to become a master of your craft. You will participate in interesting internal and client projects. Propelling you to think outside the box and develop the technology, analytical and soft skills to be recognised as a top performer in your field.
We are client obsessed, and constantly challenging each other on ways to deliver better outcomes with data. We never lose sight of the bigger picture and have fun along the way.
If events like our BBQ challenge sound tasty to you, then Decision Inc is the place for you!
Who are we?
Decision Inc is a management and technology consulting organisation with offices in South Africa, United Kingdom, and Australia. The company’s foundation is built on data and analytics, and we continue to grow by helping our clients identify and monetise their data and business assets.
We represent leading global technology brands and are experts in their implementation, support, and management. We marry this with strong industry expertise to ensure we are focused on realising client value.
Who are you?
Who you are and how you do things are as important to us as what you do. You are the sort of person that:
- People like to sit beside on long bus trips, and you really get the ‘two ears, one mouth’ saying
- Has lots of friends, but a set of really close confidantes that would go to war for you
- Is smart but just as importantly savvy, you can read rooms and sense things others don’t
- Super competitive but love to give the ‘assist’ recognition more than taking the glory
- Loves to learn, even when it gets hard with commitments and life getting in the way
- Organises catch-ups with friends’ and love the fact you have all remained connected
- Is searching for purpose and how you can explore making a difference
What Will You Bring?
You are an experienced Microsoft Cloud solutions architect with deep knowledge and expert experience working with Azure. You have experience working with clients from System Administrative levels to ‘C’ level and have hands-on experience in on-premises, hybrid, and cloud solutions.
What will you do?
The Cloud Solutions Architect exists to help our clients digitize by planning and optimizing their move to the cloud, focusing on the Microsoft technology that underpins the company’s strategic goals, Microsoft 365, and Azure. We focus on enabling 2 key themes in our clients’ business: The Intelligent Enterprise and The Modern Workplace. We work with our clients to leverage technology and information to transform their business into an Intelligent Enterprise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
To understand clients’ business goals by architecting, designing, and delivering solutions utilizing Microsoft’s cloud platforms.
- Responsible for working with Practice Leads and Client Partners to co-create, accelerate, and deliver a digital transformational roadmap built on knowledge, experience, and passion that assists clients achieve business goals.
- Working with other Decision Inc lines of business to scope and develop solutions in Azure around Microsoft’s 3 Cloud strategy.
- Provide clients with the ability to understand and capitalize on cloud delivery models.
- Create content for the recommended solutions and understand the implications of delivery and support, aid on an as needed basis to support the recommended Microsoft solutions.
- Provide crisp documentation and deliverables to support the above requirements.
Who do you need to be?
Qualified candidates for the Microsoft Cloud Solutions Architect role have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a technical role designing and delivering business solutions to external clients with a focus on data platform technologies and Azure. Experience in Google Cloud and AWS is advantageous.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Azure AI Engineer Associate
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate / Professional
- Experience in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and balance strategic thinking across presales, execution, and delivery, including orchestrating interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers.
- Experience architecting and designing medium to large cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of data management in Azure.
- Willingness to be involved in planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder, and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, opportunity management, and pipeline management required.
- Must be a team player and be able to deal with executive level clients one-on-one via verbal and written communication.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Define and own the technical architectural design on projects and within workshops.
- Identify inventory application profiles and dependencies, ranking applications for migration, and ability to quickly detect migration anti-patterns.
- Be able to roadmap options for migrating applications and ensure the Azure environment is correctly configured from a security and least privileged access standpoint to run the apps securely.
- Ensure services are properly configured to meet the client’s requirements.
- Assist the Managed Services Team with technical queries around managing clients’ tenants.
- Provide proactive support to managed services clients with a view to mentor future support administrators as the practice grows.
- Keep up to date with existing and emerging technologies and their impact on cloud-related solutions.
- Possess working knowledge of tools related to application migrations into the cloud such as Azure Migrate.
- Have a balanced mix of technical and business skills.
- Documentation skills are a must, to clearly and accurately document and define the proposed solutions, and how they will meet the client’s business needs, both immediate and long-term.
- Expected to have the necessary presentation-skills, to present proposed solutions to our clients.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the complete Microsoft stack of products, with a focus on Cloud Architecture.
- Maintain the necessary technical certifications, to fulfil this role.